Welcome to our 100 Mile Cycle in 2023, raising funds to provide emergency relief for our supported projects in developing countries.
Your safety is our highest priority. All cyclists must respect and strictly comply with the public health guidelines and other restrictions in force. It will be very important that each cyclist takes full responsibility for their own safety as this is not possible for the Club and our junior members will need appropriate adult supervision, preferably within the same family where possible.
We can make a real difference and provide emergency relief to help improve the lives of those who are most profoundly affected during this time of crisis. You can read about some of our previous WW Mission Trips by clicking here.
All donations, whether you cycle or not, will be gratefully received!
- Donate through our website
- Please contact any member of the Committee or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for bank details
- Cash or Cheque payable to “Willow Wheelers Mission Fund” can be delivered c/o “Willow Wheelers” to Blackrock College or Willow Park School.
You can get your 2023 “Sponsor a Spoke” card from Christy McDaid. We are very grateful for all your support. If you have any questions please contact any of the Committee, your WhatsApp group leaders or email email@example.com.
The 100 Mile Cycle course scheduled on Sunday 30th April 2023 (unchanged from last year’s route) is accessible as follows:
- Strava Route Map: https://www.strava.com/routes/18565503
- Garmin Route Map: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/100088373
A briefing presentation prepared by Lead Marshals for the 100 Mile Cycle and was delivered to marshals and support team in the Willow Cafeteria, Willow Park School in advance of the event (date & time tba).
Final marshals and support team briefing takes place at 8am at Blackrock College on the morning of the event.
Marshals 2022 presentation is here: WW 2022 100M Marshals and Drivers Briefing 27.04.22
The exact route varies over the years, but typically, the route and shape of the day (times are approximate) is as follows:
- 7:30am Mass in Blackrock College, followed by tea and biscuits in the teachers’ dining room
- 8:10am Submit registration form and sign-on (non-Cycling Ireland members must pay one-day-membership-fee of €10)
- 8:30am Departure from Blackrock College
- 9:15am Pheonix Park
- 11:15am Trim
- 1:15pm Kinnegad (Lunch) (80km) – Depart by 2:30pm
- 4:30pm Maynooth (joined by former club members)
- 18:30 Topaz Garage, near Rathfarnam Shopping Centre (joined by fifth form members)
- 19:30 Arrive back to Blackrock College (160km)
Enjoy your cycles, have fun and feel free to share photos of your cycles on Willow Wheelers’ Facebook and Twitter.
Christy McDaid & Willow Wheelers Committee