Prepare for Portugal !
Sunday March 11th will be the last Sunday Cycle before the Portugal trip as bikes are being loaded on the truck to travel on Sunday 18th.
It is important that all bikes are serviceable and in good working order before being loaded. Check your brake pads and tyres for wear and if worn replace before you travel. We’d strongly recommend, if not done already, everyone should have their bike properly serviced before the 18th.
Having the right equipment and gear for cycling in Portugal is important. Remember we are cycling for up to 5 days and out for several hours each day.
Mandatory Gear for your Bike.
- Minimum 2 spare tubes
- Bottle cage(s) fitted to bike
- Water bottle(s)
- Saddle bag or frame bag for holding gear
- Pump (strongly recommended)
Mandatory Cycling Gear
- Cycling helmet (make sure it fits you properly)
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling shoes or suitable runners
- Light rain jacket (just in case)
- Light base layers x 2-3
- Cycling jerseys x 2-3
- Cycling Shorts x 2-3 (We strongly recommend proper padded cycling shorts)
- Cycling/sports socks x5
- Money (for lunch stops & snacks)
- Sunglasses (preferably cycling glasses)
- Energy bars
- Cycling jersey(s) long sleeve
- Arm warmers (handy for wet/cold mornings)
Some special offers from John Piggott and The Bike Rack, just click the link below;
Typical Weather in Portimão in March
Temperature: 11-18 degrees average min/max
Chance of rain day: 40%
Sunrise approx: 7.25am
Sunset approx: 7.55pm